Our commitment to sustainability
Forbes Industries is committed to developing sustainable business practices in our products and manufacturing processes that will benefit our community, our employees, and our customers for generations to come, both profitably and responsibly, while leaving a smaller footprint on the world.
At Forbes Industries, we recognize our responsibility to operate in a manner that protects and improves the environment now and for future generations. We know that the long-term well-being of our employees and society, as well as the continued success of our own business, depend on our commitment to operating in a sustainable manner.
For many years we have conducted business and executed our operational strategy with environmental concern as a guiding corporate principle. In 2017, we formalized our commitment by elevating the principle of sustainability to a core corporate level and incorporating it as an integral part of our everyday business practice. This reaffirmed our commitment to integrate environmentally friendly policies and practices into our organization by operating in a manner that supports the conservation of materials and energy waste reduction throughout our supply chain.
Our sustainability program has three key elements:
- Our commitment to improving the sustainability impacts of our own activities.
- Our commitment to providing our employees with an environmentally conscious workplace.
- Our commitment to providing our customers with products that help them achieve their sustainability goals.
Examples of sustainable business practices:
- We design and manufacture products to have extended life-cycle capacity.
- We design and manufacture products that can be refurbished, refreshed, and renewed.
- We have reduced packaging by approximately 10%.
- We recycle metal and wood, scrap in the factory.
- We use water-based stains and clearcoat to reduce VOC’s.
- We use recycled decorative material in our products, such as Trend tabletops and countertops, which incorporate waste materials that would otherwise end up in landfills. Trend material is made with up to 78% post-consumer recycled content.
- We utilize skylights for natural lighting and supplemental LEDs to reduce energy consumption.
As a US-based manufacturer, Forbes Industries is committed to following sustainable practices, identifying new opportunities to improve sustainability, and providing innovative products that improve sustainability for our customers. That is our commitment to our environment and to our customers – sustainable manufacturing of mobile furnishings designed to last longer and create a better world for tomorrow.
Forbes Industries – working with you for a sustainable tomorrow.
Colin Vigdal, CPA CMA
President – Forbes Industries